Venue: More coming early in 2020
- What is Vinyasa Krama yoga & its lineage
- What is the meaning of yoga, the goal & its 8 limbs
- Benefits of basic breathing practices
- Putting a practice together
- summarising & picking up from previous material and expanding on the goal of yoga
- the 5 Kleshas – ‘afflictions’ or causes of pain & how yoga can help us with these
- How to use the Vinyasa Krama practice manual & more on putting a practice together
- Mudras – some of the more important positions that have a greater effect
- summarising & picking up from previous material and expanding on the goal – what is meant by ‘liberation’
- some principles in Samkhya, an ancient philosophy from India that describes the nature of the universe and consciousness. It is closely aligned with Yoga philosophy.
- different components of the mind and how the mind is involved in these principles
- is yoga spiritual/religious? And how it fits in with Eastern/Western philosophies/beliefs.
- general points/advice for getting a balanced life/responding to life & applying yoga principles in the challenge of daily lives
All workshops will have short practices that you can take home & start to develop a practice that fits the time you have.